So here’s to you, in a very short and simple way, the rules for “Straight edge 3.0 project”. I’ll give some details of the goals of the very project in later post.
1. No smoking!
2. There’s no alcohol consumption on training days or the days before training.
3. There’s no consumption of any unnecessary sweets at all.
4. There’s no special nutrition plan, just eat healthy and well-balanced.
5. There are at least three training days at gym per week and one optional training day with a sport of choice.
6. Every fourth week is a so called “hardcore week” with at least four training days at gym and one optional training day with a sport of choice.
7. Find relaxation and rest on days without sport and training to avoid injuries or infections.
8. Improve hand-eye-coordination and reaction time by using modern technologies.
9. Improve your stamina and reach a healthy BMI.
As you can see, the set of rules is not as tough as it was in projects before for one simple reason, it costs too much time and energy in everyday life and finally leads to a lack of luxury and well-being. To keep all this in balance I introduced the hardcore week so that I’m not turning into a gym addict or something like that. I also find it very important to find relaxation, that’s why I set rule number 7. I got a weird infection during the first straight edge project and I don’t want to let this happen again. Even on the first training days it is very important to avoid any kind exaggaration or presumption.
Rule number 8 might be strange to some of you, but I found out during the first two projects that my “gaming skills” also improved, so I want to train on this, too. To get it all straight, this project goes away from a monastary style of living, more to something balanced and capable for everyone out there. I don’t want to waste my whole free time with training and healthy food, I want to keep a little vice in my life, because I think that this is healthy, too. I erased the caffeine rule, for one simple reason, I love coffee – PERIOD.